Team Leader (Centre Manager) - Ealing
Click here to download this job description in full.
Job title: Team Leader (Centre Manager)
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Closing date: 7th May 2017
Applications will be accepted by curriculum vitae (CV) with cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for the position. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Role:
To manage centre staff, the general day to day running of the operation and learner caseload; to develop and maintain effective relationships with Jobcentre Plus (JCP), other referral agencies and employers, to provide cover in staff’s absence.
- Personal performance – achieve set targets and learner progression.
- Team Performance Management – assist line manager to ensure the team achieves set targets and learner progression.
- Centre Facilitation – provide support to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Effective handoff – of learner information from JCP and other referral agencies.
- Learner interaction – Carry out accurate assessment, complete action plan and assign to the appropriate route-way/s. Ensure all activities are highly relevant to the learner’s career aspirations and needs. Ensure timely and high quality follow up review meetings.
- Learner Attendance - Monitor and follow correct procedure.
- Barriers and Sign Posting – interact with learners and/or liaise with the support network to break learner barriers down.
- Management Information System – accurate and timely updates, all learner/ employer dialogue recorded, full utilisation of diarised appointment system.
- Paperwork Completion - Ensure paperwork is tailored to each individual and completed in a timely manner to ensure the required standard is met.
- Employment Support – Arrange and oversee meaningful work placements. Source sustainable employment opportunity. Liaise with and support learners prior to, throughout and after their work placement and employment.
- Induction - Ensure new staff are fully inducted and trained. Liaise with key support functions.
- Security - Ensure employees, contractors and third party users apply security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisation. Ensure staff is fully trained prior to utilising in house systems.
- Health & Safety - record instances, lost time and compliance.
- Any other duties as required.
- At least 2 years’ experience as Team Leader (Centre Manager)
- Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) qualification in English, Maths and ICT
- Management qualification
- Experience in file auditing and Ofsted inspections
- Teaching experience
- Leadership and Management - Ability to co-ordinate, manage and support the activities of a multi-disciplined and diverse team.
- Relationship Management - Develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Head Office, JCP and other referral agencies, Employers, Learners, Partners and key stakeholders.
- Learner Focus - Committed to understanding learner aspirations, supporting their needs and progressing their careers.
Equality of Opportunity
Skills Training UK is fully committed to the principle and promotion of equal opportunities for all and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
Skills Training UK wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act. If you are a disabled person please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Health & Safety
Skills Training UK is committed to the health, safety and welfare of its employees and customers. Health & Safety should form an integral part of normal working practices and all employees are expected to recognise their responsibilities under the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
Skills Training UK is committed, and all employees are expected to work proactively to secure continuous quality improvement and achievement of the highest possible standards.
Appointment will be subject to a probationary period of six months in the first instance in the case of new staff to Skills Training UK.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
For positions involving working with children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure check through the confidential process administered by the Disclosure and Barring Service. A conviction may not exclude candidates, but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.« Back to job list