Driving production and efficiency improvements at PhotoBoxread more
Boosting efficiency with Apprenticeships for Food Manufactureread more
Business Administration Level 4
At Skills Training UK we go further in fully understanding what it is that our employer clients want to achieve from their training.
We work as your partner to deliver that vision, developing stronger employees who work well as individuals and as part of a team.
Business administrators may work independently or as part of a team and key responsibilities will include developing, implementing, maintaining and improving
With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation, through support of functional areas,
working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
The flexibility and responsiveness required allows the apprentice to develop a wide range of skills.
The business administrator is expected to deliver their responsibilities efficiently and with integrity – showing a positive attitude. The role involves demonstrating strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and adopting a proactive
approach to developing skills.
An employer must be prepared to provide the learner with the opportunity to carry out work and be part of projects which will enable the learner to produce substantial evidence towards their qualification.
In order to ensure the successful progression of the learner we request that employers participate in joint reviews of the learner’s progress at regular intervals throughout the apprenticeship. This ensures continued and positive progress through the apprenticeship. It will also provide the opportunity to discuss and agree how any issues are to be resolved and how additional stretching and challenging activities can be built in.
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification, however it is likely that they will already be working within the business administration sector, or they may already be employed in a cross-sector role or function that involves responsibility for defined business-related activities with an area of responsibility. Apprentices without level 2 English & Maths will need to achieve this prior to completion.
Typically this apprenticeship will take 18 months to complete.
Training and Support from Skills Training UK
During the apprenticeship the learner will have a dedicated Trainer Assessor who will visit them within the work place at least once per month in order to support their learning, development of competency and generation of evidence
for a Portfolio. This will also be supported between visits by off-site information, advice, guidance and academic progress support. The Trainer Assessor will work with the learner and the employer in order to ensure that all learning needs are being met for both parties, in order to ensure successful progression against all elements of the apprenticeship.
Requirements: Competence, Knowledge & Functional skills
Below are examples what the Level 4 Business Administration Apprenticeship Framework includes.
Competence & Knowledge
- Resolve administrative problems - learn skills and techniques which will help you identify and resolve a range of problems, associated specifically, to an administrative or business environment.
- Manage the work of an admin function - develop skills and provide effective administrative management that allows an organisation to function effectively.
- Communicate in a business environment - investigate a range of business communication models, systems and processes and will explore different methods of communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal.
- Manage personal & professional development - learning processes that underpin the development of personal and professional skills.
- Manage information systems - learn about the various uses of information systems and how system users and stakeholders interact with hardware, software and information.
- Contribute to the improvement of business performance - knowledge and skills required to solve problems in any context and contribute to the achievement of process and quality improvements.
- Monitor information systems - learn the importance and benefits of monitoring information systems, and recognise methods and techniques that support information system monitoring activities within a business environment.
- Analyse and present business data - learn how to collect quantitative and qualitative data using primary and secondary sources. You will learn how to manipulate information using data management software to produce
- information in suitable formats to inform business decisions and future strategies.
- Manage a project - learn how to plan and manage a project and evaluate its effectiveness. You will gain an understanding of project management principles, methodologies and tools and techniques that may be used in any business.
- Promote equality, diversity & inclusion - learn how to promote equality, diversity and inclusion policies and practices, using techniques such as communicating relevant requirements and implementing positive action programmes.
- Chair & Lead Meetings - learn how to prepare to lead meetings to ensure that the meeting achieves the intended outcomes.
- The organisation – organisational purpose, activities, aims and values and the way the political/economic environment affects the organisation.
- Value of their skills – understanding how their work benefits the organisation, how they fit within their team and how their skills can help them progress.
- Stakeholders – practical knowledge of managing stakeholders and their different relationships to the organisation.
- Regulations – laws and regulations that apply to their role including data protection and health and safety.
Assessment & certification
To successfully complete the apprenticeship, the learner needs 57 Credits which are built into the modules selected and must have completed functional skills Maths & English Level 2.
The Business Administration Level 3 may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles.