- Introducing the Apprenticeship Levy
- Paying the Apprenticeship Levy
- Incentives for skills recovery
- Apprenticeship Programmes
- Traineeships and Courses for Adults
- Short Courses for Employees
- Why choose Skills Training UK?
- Employer Case Studies
Incentives for skills recovery
New Government incentives available between 1 September 2020 and 31 March 2021 make it more affordable than ever to take on new Apprentices and workplace trainees.
Whether your organisation is a larger Apprenticeship Levy-payer or an SME you can afford to upskill your workforce for the economic recovery ahead; whether you train your current staff or hire someone new.
At Skills Training UK, we have advised and supported hundreds of employers to recruit new, diverse talent and upskill their existing workforce and develop new leaders, delivering measurable improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
You can download our full guide for incentives for staff training and recruitment here
New Apprenticeship Incentives for all employers
From 1 September 2020 to 31 March 2021 you can apply for:
- £2,000 for each new apprentice aged 16-24 who starts their contract of employment between 1 August 2020 and 31 March 2021.
- £1,500 for each new apprentice aged 25+ who starts between 1 August 2020 and 31 March 2021.
- The payment is in addition to the existing £1,000 you will already get for taking on an apprentice who is either aged 16 to 18-years-old or under 25 and has an education, health and care plan, or has been in the care of their local authority.
- You can apply for the payments from 1 September 2020 after you add the new apprentices to your online apprenticeship service account.
- Incentives paid in two equal instalments at 90 days and 365 days
Traineeships provide young people aged 16-24 with industry specific training and work experience, and can last between six weeks and six months.
- Employers taking on a trainee from 1 September 2020 will receive a £1,000 Government grant. This includes up to ten trainees per region for employers. National employers can apply for multiple regions. (Incentives available from 1st September 2020 - 31st July 2021.)
- Eligibility has expanded to anyone aged 16-24 with qualifications up to Level 3 (equivalent to ‘A’ Level).
We have been at the forefront of traineeships since their inception and our experience has proved how valuable this programme is for both the young person and the employer.
It is important to find a young person who will be a good fit for your company and we will support you fully with the interview process and by preparing trainees with vocational and other skills in their pre-placement training.
By offering a young person a work placement you have an ideal opportunity to discover their talent and see if they might be the right fit. You are also giving a young person a chance to better their prospects.
Many employers we work with do take the young person on after their work placement of 70 hours although there is no obligation to do this. Companies which offer their trainees progression on to an apprenticeship qualify for a further grant of up to £2,500.
Get in touch with our team of experts to see how we can support your business to make the most of these new opportunities today, by filling in the form below, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0800 048 9370.