- Our Offer
- Opportunities for Partners
- Interested in Partnering with Skills Training UK?
- Supply Chain Policy
- Prime Contractor Credentials
- Subcontractor Credentials
- LEPs & Local Authorities
- For other Independent Providers
Driving production and efficiency improvements at PhotoBoxread more
Move management firm Sargents hails Apprenticeshipsread more
Prime Contractor Credentials
We are a Prime Contractor for the Skills Funding Agency (SFA), Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and we have a proven track record in delivering high performing skills and employability contracts.
We have also delivered large scale regional training and skills programmes for EU fund managing authorities including DWP and the Department of Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS). This includes programmes funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and European Social Fund (ESF).
In 2013 Skills Training UK was awarded the European Social Fund Mainstream Leader Award for Equal Opportunities and we hold the highest grade of Strong for cross-cutting themes in both equality of opportunity and sustainable development.
We have significant experience in the building and establishing of effective supply chains, and are the only Prime Contractor to have achieved the highest grade of ‘Excellent’ for the Merlin Standard, in 2012 and 2014. The Merlin Standard measures the effectiveness of supply chain design, implementation, quality and performance. We achieved 86% in 2012 and 92% in 2014.
In the UK we currently work with over 60 partners including Local Authorities, Colleges, and a wide range of private and third sector organisations to ensure local networks and knowledge are utilised for the benefit of local people.
Our low-risk to funding bodies has been evidenced through twice being awarded the highest possible ‘Strong’ grade following DWP Provider Assurance Testing in 2010 and 2013, which assesses the strength of our governance and quality processes. We are one of only five Prime Contractors to achieve this.
In April 2014 OFSTED graded our skills provision as Good overall and across all contributory areas; commenting that:
- "The attainment of apprentices aged over 25 is substantially exceeding national success rates"
- "The achievement of the younger age group (16-18 learners) is excellent”
- "Trainers have high levels of vocational skill and practical knowledge and use their experience and expertise well to enrich learning."
- "Leadership and management are strong and focused."
- "A broad range of assessment methods is used well and includes good use of digital technologies."
We have Direct Claim Status and deliver accredited qualifications with all the main awarding bodies, including City and Guilds and Pearson across a wide range of qualifications and Apprenticeships.