The closing date for this application is 5pm, 25th May 2018.
Role: Quality Manager
Reporting to: Director of Skills or Director of Education and Social Mobility
Location: Skills Training UK Head Office, Wembley
Purpose of Role:
The Quality Manager will be responsible for managing and implementing the quality process to ensure that all front-line delivery meets audit, compliance and quality standards. They will provide guidance and support to the operational delivery staff within Skills Training UK and its’ Supply Chain Partner Organisations to continually improve their services and provision.
Essential Job Functions
- Devising and establishing the quality procedures and standards for use across Skills Training UK.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operational staff.
- Working to, and achievement of Company set key performance indicators.
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met.
- Working with the operational staff within the Centres of Skills Training UK’s own delivery, as well as our subcontract partners, to establish quality requirements from them.
- Ensuring that delivery across the Company, and specific to each contract, is compliant by managing the internal and external audit process, and providing support and guidance where problems arise.
- Exploring ways to increase efficiency.
- Maintaining controls and monitoring quality in documentation, Learner Files, classroom and workplace delivery.
- Making suggestions for curriculum and delivery development and improvements, and how to implement them.
- Using relevant quality tools to ensure managers and other staff know how to improve delivery and performance.
- Undertake observations of classroom and workplace-based delivery to provide constructive feedback to further improve delivery.
- Undertakes annual risk-assessment and conducts Centre-monitoring visits.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of developments in safeguarding, data protection, equal opportunities and diversity, health and safety legislation and best practice ensuring compliance in service delivery by Skills Training UK and its supply chain.
- Delivers approved learning and development interventions to inform and up-skill front-line staff to deliver the contracts.
- Contributes to continuous improvement meetings and takes the lead with colleagues to design and implement interventions to improve service delivery.
- Supports the orientation of new staff to ensure they have the required tools to perform effectively, putting in place additional support if needed.
Standard Responsibility Requirements
- Participate in the staff review process to include identification of own training needs.
- Evidence own CPD and achievement using the Solution 9 HR system.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Advance and integrate equality and diversity throughout all activities.
- Comply with Skills Training UK policies and procedures.
- Ensure and protect the safeguarding of and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and follow the appropriate processes in place where concerns arise.
- Be able to interpret and apply compliance documents for all contracts.
- Be able to maintain spreadsheet and MI system records.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Be able to engage and develop positive professional relationships with staff, sub-contractors, learners and employers.
- Be able to use presentation, computer and software applications or equipment effectively, including Excel.
- Have strong organisational and administration skills.
- Be able to work competently with the minimum of supervision.
- Be able to maintain a high standard of attendance, timekeeping, conduct and professional appearance.
- Be flexible to adapt to programme/contract changes as they occur.
- Be professional, ethical and persuasive
- Be committed to a high standard of customer care
- Have experience of programmes aimed at learners from age 16 and upwards.
- Have knowledge and expertise of programme/contract compliance and funding
- Have knowledge of the Ofsted inspection process
Education and Experience
Essential: Level 2 (eg. GCSE or equivalent) qualification in English and Maths
Desirable: Relevant industry experience, including Quality or Continuous Improvement
Equality of Opportunity
Skills Training UK is fully committed to the principle and promotion of equal opportunities for all and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to actively support the development, dissemination and implementation of this aim and related policies and programmes.
Skills Training UK wishes to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act. If you are a disabled person please ensure that we know what you need so that we can make reasonable adjustments to help you succeed.
Health & Safety
Skills Training UK is committed to the health, safety and welfare of its employees and customers. Health & Safety should form an integral part of normal working practices and all employees are expected to recognise their responsibilities under the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
Skills Training UK is committed, and all employees are expected to work proactively to secure continuous quality improvement and achievement of the highest possible standards.
Appointment will be subject to a probationary period of six months in the first instance in the case of new staff to Skills Training UK.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
For positions involving working with children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure check through the confidential process administered by the Disclosure and Barring Service. A conviction may not exclude candidates, but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.« Back to job list